In the first part of the update that Valve pushed out today for Counter-Strike, we see a massive change to Dust2, alongside gameplay update such as the addition of a riot shield and ability to drop grenades. This is a big one, you need to read all about it.
Gameplay & Weapon Nerfs/Buffs
Gameplay – Grenades can now be dropped just like weapons and vision after death reduced from 3.0s to 2.0s (vision by headshot reduced from 1.0s to 0.5s)
Riot Shield – Added the Riot Shield heavy weapon to the buy menu, currently purchasable by CTs in Casual Hostage map groups and costs $1100
Deagle – Desert Eagle will now do only 53 damage with a bodyshot (down from 63)
M4A1-S – The M4A1-S will now do 38 damage with a bodyshot (up from 33)
Dual Elites – Reduced price to $300
Short Competitive – Added the option to select a preference for match duration in competitive Matchmaking: Short (MR 16), Long (MR 30), or No Preference.
Deathmatch – Added the option to select Classic Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch (first team to 100 kills wins), and Free-for-all Deathmatch (all players are enemies).
Demolition – Reduced max rounds to 10 and eliminated half-time team swap, reduced round time, and adjusted weapon progression.
Arms Race – Adjusted weapon progression and players now receive a health-shot after three kills
Maps – New
- County has been added to official matchmaking in Danger Zone game mode.
- Basalt and Insertion II have been added to official matchmaking in Competitive, Casual, and Deathmatch game modes.
- Ravine and Extraction have been added to official matchmaking in Wingman game mode.
- The following maps are no longer available in official matchmaking: Grind, Mocha, Pitstop, Calavera, Frostbite.
Maps – Updates
- Slight visibility tweak from T spawn through mid
- Improved visibility into B back site from upper tunnels
- Made gate at top of banana solid
- Revised 1v1 layout
- Minor bug fixes
- Increased size of plantable area in both bombsites
- Fixed bullet penetration on plywood surfaces
- Further optimizations
- Added 1v1 arenas