It was all around the physics of collisions in this small update to Counter-Strike 2 (CS2). It should stop you from flying in to the air or sliding up walls.
In the last update, Valve added the ability to queue for Premier Mode as a group of four. They also fixed a massive bug causing inconsistent jump heights. That was a pretty big update and gave some features that fans had been asking for.
Today, the patch focuses mostly on collision issues. The first of which allowed players to walk in to each other and fly up in to the air. Letting a player see over the map and gain and advantage. Check out this video from Mrtweeday showcasing the bug.
The second glitch allowed you to scale the wall in Mirage mid (and other areas). Instead of having to walk around and take extra time. You could just glitch in to the wall, rise up, and skip all the pesky walking. Showcased here by YouTuber LLNuke.
FULL PATCH NOTES FOR 2023-11-08
- Fixed a bug where collision between players was sometimes causing players to step up
- Fixed a bug where players could slide up walls in Mirage mid
- Fixed a movement systems bug where players could get stuck on geometry
- Fixed a bug that prevented “Zoom Button Hold: Repeat Disabled” from working correctly
- Fixed a case where switching weapons immediately after shooting would result in the shot not registering on the server
- Fixed a case where players could shoot during freeze time at the ends of warmup, halves, and matches